The Privilege of Knowing Me


You No Longer Have the Privilege of Knowing Me

You can no longer know about how happy or sad I am

You can no longer know what makes me anxious
What makes me excited

There will never be another time when I'll allow you into my head

Into my soul
You lost that privilege

It's not because you did something wrong

It's not because I hate you
I could never hate you

You no longer have the privilege of knowing me because our chapter is done

Over
We both walked out

Future chapters are now reserved for those who'll stay


BECAUSE I DESERVE PEOPLE WHO STAY! 


You no longer have the privilege of seeing me in awe of places I visit for the first time
You no longer have the privilege of being incorporated into my everyday life

No longer will you be able to laugh at my witty jokes
No longer will you have the privilege of "people watching" with me

Say goodbye to the conversations that will send you into the intricacies of my head
Of my heart

No longer will you know what I think of life
And what's beyond this life

You lost that privilege

You no longer have the privilige of being by my side when I achieve my dreams

You wont be there when I get my Masters
You wont be there when I celebrate getting my dream job
You wont be there when I cross the finish line
When I reach the summit

You lost that privilege

I revoke your right of knowing my fears
I revoke your right of knowing my secrets
I revoke your lease on space in my mind

You no longer have the power of making me feel guilty
No longer have the power to make me feel like I'm the devil

Never again

I wish you the best
I really do
Go for everything you've ever wanted in life
I set you and my thoughts of you FREE

So please respect me enough to set me free
Free to be happy
Free to be in love with life again

FREE!

But at the end of it all
It doesn't matter and you'll never know 

Because You No Longer Have the  Privilege of Knowing Me

And it's time for me to let you go



"The Light" by The Album Leaf

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 10 OPM Songs (2017)

My Top 10 OPM Songs (2018)