f(x)


One of the reasons how I got into K-pop is because of f(x); a Korean pop girl group, not a function. Lol. I wouldn't expect to love K-pop music, but I did because of this group. I have a lot of reasons on how K-pop got to me, but that’s another blog post.

f(x) debuted on September 5, 2009. Today is their 7th anniversary. This group contains five members, Victoria, Amber, Luna, Sulli, and Krystal; now four because Sulli left last year. As a person who just got into K-pop, I didn’t know much about f(x). It was probably by the end of 2015 that I appreciated this girl group more. As I watched their music videos, interviews, fan vids, and their documentaries, I became an official fan of f(x). These girls are unique individuals who trained and worked so hard as a K-pop girl group.

They are strong, talented, lovable, and hardworking girls. They are different from the other girl groups that I've watched. f(x)’s music is creative, dynamic, and a little bizarre and it works for me. Each of their albums is so diverse.

Since Sulli left during 2015, people thought f(x) would disband and that’s the end of their career, but it wasn’t. These girls went through a lot ever since they debuted and seven years in the K-pop industry, they didn’t give up because of their fans. A big reason why I love this Kpop group is because they show endurance in the music industry compared to other K-pop groups and artists internationally. When they’re on stage, they don’t show that they’re tired; they’re just so natural live. I mean they danced and sang live while it was raining hard without any mistakes; that’s talent right there.

f(x) has this strong willingness and honesty to their fans and that’s why I love them. They finally got a fandom name called “MeU” and had their solo concert this year and they will continue to grow as a huge K-pop group.  

If you’re a fan of electric mix with pop music or just basic pop and you want to try to get into K-pop, listen to f(x). To start this K-pop journey, start with this group; you won’t regret it. f(x), happy anniversary! It’s been 7 years! I wasn’t a fan from the beginning, but I will stay as a MeU until the end. Thanks, f(x) for being ambitious, artistic, and strong group. I’m proud to be a MeU. 

Favorite songs from f(x) that you guys should listen to: 

  • La Cha Ta
  • NU ABO
  • Electric Shock
  • Rum Pum Pum Pum
  • All Night
  • Paper Heart
  • 4 Walls
  • Goodbye Summer
  • Boom Bang Boom
  • Butterfly
  • Pretty Girl
  • Rainbow

f(x) performing their first single, "La Cha Ta" in the rain. (10.18.09)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 10 OPM Songs (2017)

My Top 10 OPM Songs (2018)

The Privilege of Knowing Me