Life in Pink

Since it is Jazz Appreciation Month, I want to write about one of my favorite jazz songs. This song is probably one of the most heartwarming songs I have ever heard. Every time I listen to it, I smile.

La Vie En Rose is one of my favorite love songs because when you listen to it, it feels like you’re dancing with your soul mate, I guess. Or just listening to it with the one you love or when you are listening to it by yourself, you just feel happy inside and content with yourself.

La Vie En Rose means, I see life in pink. What I love about this song is that it describes most people’s lives. Even though our lives can be such a pain in the ass sometimes, you believe that life is still optimistic and feel like everything will be okay. You forget about all the worries and the hectic noises around you; that’s how I feel when I listen to this song. Yeah, cheesy, but it’s true.

Edith Piaf was the composer of La Vie En Rose. She had a very emotional tragic life and her songs reflect her life. This song was about a depressing girl who didn’t feel satisfied with her life and she met a guy and forgets about everything bad in the moment where he holds her in his arms and tells her loving words. It’s sad because it was about her lover who died during a plane crash while she was singing this song at her concert. That is why the history of this song is tragic, emotional, and famous.

I commend Edith Piaf for writing this wonderful song. It just melts my heart when I listen to La Vie En Rose. If she didn’t make this song, Louis Armstrong who is one of my favorite jazz singers wouldn’t do his rendition of it, so I am thankful that a famous song writer did a phenomenal job on a timeless song.

Like what I say, it’s the small things what people do for me that make me smile.

(Trying listening to this song by closing your eyes)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 10 OPM Songs (2017)

My Top 10 OPM Songs (2018)

The Privilege of Knowing Me