What Is This?

There's something about starting a new project. It's exciting! Along with this excitement, you're kind of hesitant to start it because you just want to get it right. That's the reason why I've prolonged writing this. Well, that and good ol' procrastination.

This project/blog is meant to be something that my sister and I can do together. Since moving away from our beautiful home called California, we don't really see much of each other. I wanted to start something that we can build together. Besides Facebook, Twitter, and the occasional phone call, what really connects us is music.


We don't have a lot in common, but we love music. That's such a vague statement huh? Everybody can say they love music; but just because it's vague and overused doesn't mean it's not true. We love it so much that when we like a song or a certain band, we feel compelled to share it with our friends. We share it in hopes that they'll like it and/or feel something just by listening.


 That is what we are doing here.


What Sunset Sounds Like, is a collaborative blog that allows Bernice and I to not only "connect" but to share with you songs we are currently into AND to share our thoughts about it.


Now that we've discussed the what, let's tackle the why .Why did we call this blog What Sunset Sounds Like?


It's difficult to come up with a name. Ask any expecting parent! So, it took some time to come up with this one.


Bernice is the one who suggested to do something with our favorite colors, sky blue and red. Purple/Violet would've been the obvious answer but, I couldn't seem to tie it with our theme. I'm a good bullshiter, but not that good. Then I looked to Google for answers. I typed "sky blue and red" into the search bar and it gave me "sunset".


I liked that a lot. Coming from California, we've experience a lot of beautiful sunsets. It's that time of day when the sun gives its final burst of awesomeness before giving way to the night.


Then it was time to tie it in with the theme, music.


Sunsets are mixed with different things, not just colors. It's a mixture of something's end and another's beginning. It can symbolize calm after a hectic day or the excitement you have for the night ahead. Feelings that I can't even describe in  words.


This is where this blog comes in. This will be the platform where we will be able to share memories and ambitions. Calm and excitement. Loneliness and connections.


This is What Sunset Sounds Like.




photo cred: Muriel M. ((Taken in San Diego))




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 10 OPM Songs (2017)

My Top 10 OPM Songs (2018)

The Privilege of Knowing Me